Siem Reap in Cambodia – the gate to the Angkor Wat temple complex.
Siem Reap is one of the most visited cities in Southeast Asia, because in this city you can visit the most historical temple complex in Cambodia and in the world – Angkor Wat temple complex. Angkor Wat temple is written in Unesco cultural heritage and it is about 5 km north of the Siem Reap City.
Siem Reap City is about 600 km from Ho Chi Minh City if you travel by bus across the Phnom Penh City. Phnom Penh is about 330 km from Siem Reap.
Siem Reap City is about 10 km from the very large Tonle Sap lake.
Siem Reap is interesting mainly for the Angkor Wat temple complex, but you can visit also another interesting sites. You can buy a boat ride on the huge Tonle Sap lake, and see some nearby floating villages of the local people.
This lake is about 120 km long and about 40 km wide. Another points of interest around the Angkor Wat temple are Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, Baphuon, Preah Khan Temple, Jayatataka, Ta Som Temple, East Baray, Phnom Bakheng and another tens of smaller temples. From Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap you can go by bus or you can buy a flight.
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
– Also buses run, the cheapest option of transport between these towns
– Stopover in Phnom Penh (the capital of Cambodia, 330 km from Siem Reap, 250 km from Ho Chi Minh City)
– This way can take up to 12-20 hours (depends on the stopover in Phnom Penh)
– Ticket price – between 470.000 – 570.000 vnd (about 23 – 26 USD)
– Bus companies – Mehong express , Sorya 168 -Giant Ibis, virak buntham Mekong Express, The Sinh Tourist, TheroExpress
you can buy and book bus e-tickets on site : bustocambodia.com
– You will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus
You can buy bus ticket at : 302 Cong Hoa st, Ward 13 , Tan Binh , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. FLIGHTS from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
– There are also direct flights between these cities
– Companies: Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air
– Flight time is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes
– The price of one-way low-cost flight is around 4 000 000 – 5 000 000 viet.dongs (about 150-180 USD)
– Airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat, airport in Siem Reap – Siem Reap Airport (5 km from Angkor Wat)
– The plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer