Phnom Penh is the capital and the largest city of Cambodia on new year 2021
Lots of travelers in Southeast Asia traveling also from Vietnam to Cambodia on new year 2021. Cambodia is an attractive tourist spot and somewhere also very overcrowded by tourists, eg. in Angkor Wat – world famous hinduist and then buddhist temple.
Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, about 1000 000 inhabitants. It is a political, cultural and economic center of Cambodia and it is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap river.
There is a large number of interesting sites and monuments in Phnom Penh 2021.
If you travel from Ho Chi Minh City, this place will be probably your first big stop in Cambodia. Phnom Penh is about 250 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City. The fastest option how to get there is to use a flight, but these flights can be too expensive. Second option is to go by a bus (about 6 -7 hours) from Ho Chi Minh City.
1. BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh
- Yes, also buses run, the cheapest option of transport between these towns.
- This way can take 6-7 hours.
- Ticket price – between 200 000 – 220 000 viet.dongs (about 10 – 11 USD).
- Bus companies – Thai Duong Express, Virak Buntham , 168 Bus , Phuong heng bus lines..
you can buy and book bus e-tickets on site : bustocambodia.com.
– You will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print or carry in your mobile phone or tablet and present at the ticket counter of the station before boarding the bus.
– There are also flights between these cities
– Companies: Vietnam Airlines, Cambodia Angkor Air, Qatar Airways
– Flight time is approximately 1 hour
– The price of one-way low-cost flight is around 4 000 000 – 5 000 000 viet.dongs (about 150-180 USD)
– Airport in Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat, airport in Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport
– The plane is the fastest but the most expensive way of the transfer